Monday, June 6, 2011

Silly Girl

It is Alexa's first official day of Summer break.  I can't believe she is going to be in 3rd grade next year.  Holy crap.  Where the heck has time gone?  It seems that yesterday she was just a tiny baby learning how to walk and talk, and now here she is an 8 year old that I can't seem to keep quiet. :)

I must admit that I have always been a little bit crazy about what Alexa wears each day.  She is 8 years old and I am still picking out her clothes to wear every morning.  However, I have decided that she is getting old enough that I am going to start to teach her to be a little more independent.....starting with her picking out her own clothes each day.  Today, I left her outfit entirely up to her.  She was able to get up and get dressed and fix her hair all on her own. When I saw what she chose to wear, I about died.  She is so stinking funny.  She has such a funny little personality.  I can't decide is she was going for a diva or gangsta look.  What a silly little girl.

Well, it wasn't what I would have picked out for her to wear, but it sure is fun to see her little personality shine through in this simple decision she made.  I can't wait to see what other outfits she choses to wear in the near future.

1 comment:

kYLE & rOBYN said...

Cute blog!! This is me Kylerobyn.blogspot.com I really need to update it!!