Monday, September 10, 2007

*Dreams*

Alexa has been talking about what she wants to be when she grows up lately. The other day we were talking about it and she said "When I grow up, I am going to be a Teacher, an Astronaut, a Basketball Player, a Doctor and a Firefighter." It is heart warming to see my little girl embracing this whole world that she has at her fingertips. It makes me feel a little stupid that I am 22 years old and I can't find anything I really want to do "when I grow up" and my little four year old already has such an amazing list of dreams that she can't chose just one. One of my favorite things about being a parent, is watching Alexa look at the world and ask questions. she really does have the whole world right at her finger tips.

I never knew that I would learn so much from my daughter. I am pretty sure that I have learned more from her, than she has learned from me throughout the years. It is so inspiring to see the way she embraces the world. Hopefully she never loses these ambitions and dreams like I seem to have done.

4 comments:

Kim said...

You're such a cute mom. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Jen said...

That's so cute--I love it!

So why does Kim get to see you tomorrow???

Kathy Hurst said...

Linz,

Although your perspective is different from mine, please remember you are still YOUNG. You too have the whole world ahead of you. Dream! You're cute too, you know!

Zavala's said...

hey linds how is everything? well i just had the baby on the 10th! you gotta stop by to see her k? hows' the fam? i hope all is well & i'm glad to see alexa hasn't changed...but her growth. she's such a sweety keep her that way. call me or write me. xoxo....