Monday, January 5, 2009

I know that everyone (Especially Jenny) loves reading about what I was thankful for in November of 2007 over...and over...and over again, but I think it is time that I move on from that post and get crazy.

Since it has been so long since I have updated everyone, I am going to do a top 10 list of things that we have been up to this last year.

1. We finally broke down and put ourselves into years of debt with a house. Yes, it's true. We bought a house. It has been so much fun. Although, we have recently gained a new respect for landlords and their ability to get plumbing problems fixed. :)

2. Alexa started Kindergarten. I can't believe she is getting this big. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Valenzuela. Alexa is getting smarter by the day, and will be reading in no time. VERY SCARY!!

3. We temporarily lost our sanity and purchased two dog. Brigg was our fist little buddy. He is a German Sheppard/Min Pin mix. And our Second dog Bacchus who we added to the family about a month after Brigg is a Chocolate lab/Mastiff mix. They are sweet, but sometimes I feel like we live in a zoo.

4. Walter decided it was time to try and end his life with a block saw. :) He was at work when the saw he was using jumped on him. He accidentally Slit his arm and had to get it stitched up. It was pretty gruesome, and I am lucky to still have him. He has been working hard at physical therapy and should have most of his range of motion back in no time.

5. Alexa lost her first tooth. It was loose for quite a while, and she WOULD NOT let anyone touch it. One day we were talking about the tooth fairy coming. She said " I think she is going to bring me a doll house or a bike" When I said that usually the tooth fairy brings money she said "I am pretty sure she knows that I don't want that."

6. We bought our project jeep. It is a 1974 Mail jeep that needs a lot of work. We have had a dream for quite a while to work on a jeep together and completely re-build it. It is probably not going to be done for 10 years, but we have it none the less. :)

7. Walter and I had our TWO YEAR anniversary. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but if you were married to Walter, you would know!!! hahaha just kidding. But I really can't believe that it has already been two years. Next week we will be having our 50th anniversary. Time goes by too fast.

8. We hit a record this year. Least amount of time spend down south with family. It has been really hard to get down south this year. I think I have been home a total of 3 times this entire year. It has been really hard for us, but hopefully we will be able to make it up in 2009 :)

9. This Christmas Alexa had her first holiday program for school. She was so nervous that she pretended to pee her pants minutes before she was supposed to go on stage. I had to take her into the bathroom and talk her into going out there. It was very sweet. Once she got on stage she felt much better. She did very well and I could tell she was proud of herself when she was done.

10. Last but not least, This last year, I managed to update my blog....not even once......I think that is some kind of a record, maybe I should get a prise for this!!! And Kudos to Jen for not letting me live it down that I had not updated since November of 2007 :)

I love you all and can't wait to blog with you this year :)))

2 comments:

Kim said...

You rock. I love the blog, it's so perty.

Jen said...

Yaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!! The long-awaited update has finally happened!! And your new design is so dang pretty!

Way to go! And it only took you a little over a year! :)