Friday, March 30, 2007

Not Quite a Hundred things about Walter

1. I have a tendency to over think things so this took me a long time to finish.
2. I procrastinate so this took me a really long time to finish.
3. I love my wife.
4. It makes me happy to think that I am married.
5. I love my daughter Alexa Rae.
6. It is still odd to me that I have a "mini-me" running around.
7. I love my mom, dad, and siblings.
8. I love my extended family.
9. My in-laws rock and I love them too.
10. I think I have a good sense of humor but feel stupid when I say something "funny" and get blank stares.
11. I like fast cars.
12. If I had limitless funds I would be a garage hermit building cars with excessive amounts of sweet sweet American v-8 horse power.
13. My favorite smell is "Motorparts" in Monticello or myself after I have been turning wrenches on something for a couple hours.
14. My favorite sound is a turbo spinning up or a car with an nice exhaust.
15. I love watching Jazz games and think that may lead to some heartache down the road.
16. I try very hard to remain outwardly confident and cool, but inside I am a rollercoaster a lot of the time.
17. I am most happy when Lindsay and Alexa are happy.
18. I am very stubborn.
19. I like my job and think that there are some good advancement opportunities there.
20. I got "Country Boy" tattooed on my back for a reason.
21. My other tattoo was a "just because" tattoo and it doesn’t represent anything in particular. It just serves as a reminder of a certain portion of my life.
22. I have alcoholism even though I don’t see it as a disease and it can be controlled.
23. I smoked cigarettes on and off for a few years
24. No matter how long I go without alcohol or nicotine cravings still crop up.
25. I have personally flown a Cesna 152 single prop airplane but never have been on a commercial jet.
26. I have bursitis in my shoulder. I think is stems from when I threw my arm out playing baseball.
27. I loved playing football in high school and wished I had the opportunity to play again.
28. I am currently training for a 5k.
29. I am glad that I have a huge family but I wish I could get to know my younger brother and sisters better.
30. There is roughly only a year difference between my youngest sister and my daughter.
31. I hope to be able to participate in my dad’s new found hobby more and go on some long hikes.
32. I don’t have a favorite movie. I do on the other hand have a favorite saga(s). What is "Lord of the Rings" and "Star Wars".
33. I love playing board and card games with my wife.
34. I hate losing.
35. If Lindsay beats me three consecutive times at a game, I banish it into the realm of oblivion(refer to the movie "Willow") and it is no longer played.
36. I can’t think of anything that I have done in my life to deserve my wife and child.
37. August 12th of 2006 was the happiest day of my life.
38. I love running on my treadmill until I am soaked with sweat.
39. I have a terrible temper.
40. I have a unique laugh that makes people smile. (My brother in law Worthy’s is way better)
41. Favorite color is green.
42. Jim Carey and Michael Richards (on Seinfeld not stand up)are my comedy icons.
43. I am glad Saddam Hussein is no longer in existence but don’t think we should be in Iraq anymore.
44. I like George Bush and I think it is because he is too stubborn like me.
45. I love reminiscing about old movies, music, and memories with my older siblings. E.g. Follow that Bird and Ewok Adventure
46. If I happen to embarrass myself in public. (Tripping) I would rather laugh out loud at myself than act embarrassed.
47. I enjoy the heat more than the cold.
48. Summer is my favorite season.
49. I have never caused a car accident but I did roll my dad’s Ford van on graduation night for a thrill.
50. I have a 51 inch t.v. but don’t carry a cable or satellite subscription.
51. I love gadgets and gizmo’s
52. I like cooking.
53. I can’t cook in a dirty kitchen.
54. I like all types of music from classical piano, to spanish guitar, to heavy metal, to country.
55. I hate rap and R&B.
56. I like being in shape.
57. I’ll never be in good enough shape.
58. I’m too competitive.
59. I am generous to a fault sometimes.
60. I am selectively cheap. It takes me forever to shop for bargains at the grocery store or picking the right pair of work boots but I have no problem eating out for 65 dollars.
61. My favorite meal would be home made burgers and potato salad with my mom’s baked beans. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
62. I like eating baked beans for the after effect. Haha
63. I don’t think fart is a bad word. Farting can be very entertaining in the right times and places.
64. My wife can out fart and out burp me. I feel like less of a man. I need more practice
65. I love to go see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir live. World renowned choir at my doorstep. Oh so pretty.
66. My child is the most well behaved kid that I have ever met. I don’t think it has much to do with her parents.
67. Alexa has the prettiest hair I have ever seen.
68. I worry about being able to provide for my family financially. It is my biggest fear.
69. Lindsay does her best to make me feel good about my efforts.
70. Senseless violence in movies makes me nauseous.
71. I can’t sit idle for a full weekend without getting stir crazy.
72. Guitar hero is the greatest game ever.
73. I want to learn Spanish.
74. I want to learn how to play the piano or guitar.
75. I want to live my Grandma and Grandpa Lyman’s retirement lifestyle when I retire.
76. My father in law doesn't agree with that lifestyle.
77. I don’t like being annoyed.
78. This list is beginning to annoy me.
79. I’ll call it "79 things about me". Hope you enjoyed it.

4 comments:

Worthy said...

Thanks so much for sharing that list. I really appreciated your honesty. I laughed a few times and smiled a lot as I read it.

I am also still addicted to nicotene. I walk by someone smoking and the smell just feels good to me. It is a crazy addiction and I am glad I have conquered it.

I am glad to know you and really enjoyed gettting to know you better from your list of "not quite 100 things."

Kim said...

Walt, you were so meant to be a part of our crazy family! We love ya. And it's a good thing your name starts with a W, cuz I don't know what we would have done if it hadn't...

Zavala's said...

LOL!!!!!! i swear i farted once or twice for each one you had on there!
:) .......layo

Jen said...

Hey Walt--what a great list! I know you so much now. And don't worry--Linz has been out-farting the best of us for a very long time. Possibly since birth.

Anyhoo--you're awesome and that was so fun to read.